Tuesday, September 15, 2009

.. poem lovely as a tree

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.


These are the opening lines of famous poem Trees by Joyce Kilmer. Looks like my camera has a taken a leaf out of Kilmer's book; it loves trees these days.

This one has been my fav picture for past few months; I like the silhouette effect.

I think that I shall never see
a billboard lovely as a tree.
Perhaps, unless the billboards fall,
I'll never see a tree at all.

- Ogden Nash

I like trees because they seem more resigned to the way they have to live than other things do.
- Willa Cather

Actually I was trying to capture flowers this spring. But some bare trees got my attention; they were not conforming to the season at all.. they looked so good though.

Kilmer's right, only God can make trees.

As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree' -- probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on.
-Woody Allen

* * * *
While you are at it, check out Trees for Free.

1 comment:

ಸುಪ್ತದೀಪ್ತಿ said...

Loved all these poems. Waiting for many more from you.